Are you planning to continue taking off in 2018 by soaring to greater, more thrilling heights with the MAAA?
MAAA clubs are about fun flying, camaraderie and community. By renewing your membership with the largest, most renowned aeromodelling organisation in Australia, you can take to the skies, confident that you are in the safest possible hands.
For over 75 years, the MAAA has been Australia’s largest flying organisation, welcoming and nurturing our members both young and old. We remain very committed to our members and in doing so have created a strong community with a unique collective knowledge and indepth expertise in aeromodelling.
The MAAA relies on your flying experience and skill to help us innovate, as well as lead and protect the future of our sport, enjoyed by 10,000+ members.
Each year, from our member survey, we notice an increase in satisfaction and membership loyalty. Comments provided by members continue to be positive and constructive. Rest assured, we have been listening to your feedback and hope you can appreciate that as we’re a volunteer based organisation, sometimes it can take time to execute your ideas.
We wanted to reiterate that our membership fees are much more then simply providing insurance. It’s also about advocating on our members’ behalf. For example, last year the MAAA worked closely with CASA to achieve some substantial exemptions. This included the negotiation for permitting a FPV line of sight exemption, along with a night flying exemption, a 5-year height extension approval, in addition to allowing clubs to be self regulatory.
Why renew your MAAA membership?
As an MAAA member you have access to:
- Better training programs and a Wings proficiency scheme to get you up to speed and in the air faster.
- The largest range of modelling disciplines from radio control, aerobatics, jets and FPV flying, for which the MAAA holds a CASA Exemption, ensuring our members can operate outdoors (just to name a few).
- Safer flights with more robust operating procedures and a proactive incident investigation system.
- More events for pilots and spectators to attend both in Australia and overseas.
- Annual Club Assistance Scheme that gives back to our community, helping to secure its future by providing the opportunity for financial assistance to clubs for the improvement of their facilities, along with the investment of model aircraft flying sites across Australia.
- The most comprehensive insurance for aeromodellers in the country, with no excess.
- The only organisation that enables you to fly competitively on the international stage.
- The only industry body that works with CASA and the government to protect your sport.
- Wingspan: A comprehensive, quarterly produced digital magazine, exploring insightful stories from our enthusiastic aeromodelling community and their unique heritage.
What’s more, with major events, such as the 70th Nationals, Dawn Patrol, Scale Aerobatics National Championships, the Royal Adelaide Show FAI FPV World Cup and the Alice Springs Masters Games, amongst other exciting annual events on the horizon, you have even more reason to renew your membership.
We also had reason to rejoice this year, when the FAI recognised us as the leading Model Aviation Organisation in Australia – awarding us with the Group Diploma of Honour for significant contribution since 1930 to the progress of Model Aviation and air sports in Australia and internationally.
So, talk to your club about renewing your membership with the MAAA today, to ensure that you can continue to take full advantage of the relaxing benefits of aeromodelling and to keep our sport in the Australian and international skies for our future generation.